Globecore GmbH company is located in Germany. This company is one of the the leading manufacturers of bitumen handling equipment and quality managements system has been certified in compliance with ISO9001, and primary business areas are:
1. Design and production of equipment for bitumen emulsion and modified bitumen production on a worldwide basis.
2. Laboratory equipment for the production and testing of bitumen emulsions.
3. Design and production of vertical storage tanks.
4. Servicing of existing plants and sale of spare parts worldwide.
5. Development and efficiency improvement of process equipment for the asphalt industry and related industries.
Mixing asphalt with water, emulsifiers, and additives using bitumen equipment creates an emulsion.
Another technology in use today is bitumen modification. Polymers are used to affect the properties of bitumen.
Examples of polymers used for bitumen modification includes the following:
– synthetic styrene-butadiene-rubber
– natural rubber latex
– atactic polypropylene
– high molecular weight waxes
Some of the improvements include the following:
– better consistency
– lesser temperature vulnerability,
– improved firmness and solidity
– greater elasticity and toughness
– stronger binder-aggregate adhesion
– decreased dependence on repair and maintenance
– greater resistance to rutting
GlobeCore manufactures several types of bitumen handling equipment. The following equipments are designed for their corresponding specific applications:
1. Bitumen Emulsion System UVB-1
This system produces bitumen-water emulsion.
2. Laboratory Scale Foamed Bitumen Plant type UVB-L
This machinery is designed to produce foam bitumen samples.
3. Bitumen Emulsion Laboratory System UVB-L.
This equipment is designed for the preparation of laboratory samples of emulsions. It can be used for doing research on the best recipe for water-bitumen emulsion for a corresponding application.
4. Containerized Bitumen Emulsion Plant UVB-1
This outfit is made for anionic and cationic bitumen emulsions.
5. Bitumen Emulsion Plant TYPE UVB-1.
This machinery has a production capacity of 10 cubic meters per hour.
This outfit is designed for the production of polymer-modified bitumen.
Bitumen Emulsion System UVB-14
Our product Bitumen Emulsion System UVB-14 “Water phase” is specifically made for the manufacture of bitumen emulsions. This equipment, manufactured by GlobeCore, utilizes cation and anion bitumen emulsions. These are used in the road construction industry.
The following are some applications of Bitumen Emulsions:
- Grounding of previous road base for asphalt concrete composite;
- Preparation of cold mix asphalt concrete;
- Road surface treatment procedures;
- Creation of protective layer on road surfaces;
- Pavement repair for potholes, driveway cracks, and other road repair;
- Used in buildings and constructions to provide water impermeability;
- Used in soft roof assembly and fixing.